About Me l Easy way Earn Money l Home & Family l Health & Fitness l Top News Today l Money & Marketing l Live Sports l Computer & Internet : Productivity : Security : Multimedia : Privacy :

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Alexa Ray Joel suffering depression


Alexa Ray Joel 24 says she sees a therapist and talks more with her parents after suffering depression.

Joel was candid in discussing her Dec. 5 overdose and subsequent hospitalization with People magazine. "I felt like I was in a black hole and I couldn't see out," she said. "I hit rock bottom that day … A part of me wanted people close to me to know -- not the whole world."

Joel said a bad case of heartbreak over an on-again-off-again relationship with her ex-boyfriend, former bassist Jimmy Riot, triggered her depression. She is now following her mother's footsteps and appears in commercials for Prell shampoo, People said.

Joel, whose new album debuts in June, says she has her own identity and people shouldn't compare her music to her father's and her looks to her mother's. "Can't I just be me," she said.


Share/Bookmark